Chef Joel enjoys teaching teens and would be happy to offer more classes for this age group. If you would like to arrange a class for a group of teens, please contact Chef Joel: Hemmachef@gmail.com.
UPCOMING COOKING CLASSES:
Teens are welcome in most children’s cooking classes. We have also scheduled these classes specifically for teens. And teens are always welcome to schedule private cooking classes for special events or just for fun! For more information and to register for classes, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
8/9 (Th) 2-4:30pm – Teen Cuisine: All About Fries
Not just French Fries! You can make delicious fries out of many foods. In this class, teens will learn the basics of safely frying food and well as tips on how to “Oven Fry.” Participants will also learn how to make some tasty dipping sauces including a twist on the traditional dipping sauce, ketchup! On the Menu: Cold Oil-Cooked French Fries with Melted Cheddar and Sweet Red Pepper Ketchup; Zucchini Fries with Garlic Aioli; “Oven Fried” Sweet Potato Sticks with Bacon Mayonnaise; and Chicken Fries with Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce. Location: St. Mark’s. Class Cost: $50.
- All Camps are 4-day camps (M-Th).
- AM Camps are 9am–12pm.
- PM Camps are 1-4pm.
- Kids ages 8-15 are welcome in both camps, but AM camps are geared more towards younger kids, While PM camps are geared more to older kids.
- Teens ages 13-17 are especially welcome in PM camps.
- Location: St. Mark’s Lutheran Church, 605 Spruce St, Madison, WI 53715
- Camp Cost: $235 per participant.
- NOTE: All of our camps are nut-free.
8/13-16 (Mon-Thurs) – Techniques of French Cuisine
This intensive 4-Day Camp will allow kids to learn classic, fundamental French culinary techniques that will enable them to cook any food well. They will hone their culinary skills and techniques while learning fun, new, delicious classic French recipes. No prerequisites required, but expect to be challenged! Location: St. Mark’s. Camp Cost: $235.
- Monday: French Onion Soup Gratinée with Fresh Baked Baguettes; Chicken Roulade with Red Pepper, Basil and Citrus Boursin; Pommes Boulangère (French Potato and Onion Bake); Seasonal Vegetable Fricassee; White Chocolate Mousse Roulade with Mixed Berries.
- Tuesday: Tomato Bisque with Lemon Thyme Madeleines; Bifteck Haché (French-Style Ground Beef Patty with Onions and Thyme); Fougasse (French Flatbread with Olives and Herbs); Tartiflette (French Potato, Bacon, and Cheese Bake); Tarte Tatin with Cinnamon Crème Chantilly.
- Wednesday: Quiche Lorraine (made with Pate Brisee); Fish en Papillote with Fresh Rolled Pasta; Sautéed Ratatouille Salad; Crème Brulee with Petit Fours.
- Thursday: Tourin (French Garlic and Onion Soup) with Roasted Garlic Boule (French rolls); Spinach and Parmesan Soufflés; Boeuf aux Carottes (Beef Stew with Carrots); Chocolate and Strawberry Profiteroles.
Teen cooking classes are designed for youth ages 13-17. If you have any questions about which classes are appropriate for your child, please contact Chef Joel.
Register by emailing Chef Joel at: email@example.com to reserve a spot. Class sizes are limited. Once you receive confirmation that space is available, please send a check made payable to Chef Joel Olson to PO Box 5643, Madison, WI, 53705-5643.
Class costs are listed. Costs include recipe packets to take home and all foods, equipment, and materials necessary to complete the recipes.
Hemmachef teen cooking classes are held at St. Mark’s Lutheran Church, 605 Spruce St., Madison, 53715.
CHEF JOEL OLSON:
Also check us out – and Like us – on Facebook: Hemmachef.