Great Culinary Camps for Summer 2018!
Chef Joel Olson is offering 5 sessions of camps for kids and teens from 8-17 years old.
Class sizes are limited.
Email now to reserve a spot: email@example.com
UPCOMING SUMMER CAMPS
- All Camps are 4-day camps (M-Th).
- AM Camps are 9am–12pm.
- PM Camps are 1–4pm.
- Kids ages 8-15 are welcome in both camps, but AM camps are geared more towards younger kids, While PM camps are geared more to older kids. Teens ages 13-17 are especially welcome in PM camps.
- Location: St. Mark’s Lutheran Church, 605 Spruce St, Madison, WI 53715
- Camp Cost: $235 per participant.
- NOTE: All of our camps are nut-free.
8/13-16 – Techniques of French Cuisine
This intensive 4-Day Camp will allow kids to learn classic, fundamental French culinary techniques that will enable them to cook any food well. They will hone their culinary skills and techniques while learning fun, new, delicious classic French recipes. No prerequisites required, but expect to be challenged! Location: St. Mark’s. Camp Cost: $235.
- Monday: French Onion Soup Gratinée with Fresh Baked Baguettes; Chicken Roulade with Red Pepper, Basil and Citrus Boursin; Pommes Boulangère (French Potato and Onion Bake); Seasonal Vegetable Fricassee; White Chocolate Mousse Roulade with Mixed Berries.
- Tuesday: Tomato Bisque with Lemon Thyme Madeleines; Bifteck Haché (French-Style Ground Beef Patty with Onions and Thyme); Fougasse (French Flatbread with Olives and Herbs); Tartiflette (French Potato, Bacon, and Cheese Bake); Tarte Tatin with Cinnamon Crème Chantilly.
- Wednesday: Quiche Lorraine (made with Pate Brisee); Fish en Papillote with Fresh Rolled Pasta; Sautéed Ratatouille Salad; Crème Brulee with Petit Fours.
- Thursday: Tourin (French Garlic and Onion Soup) with Roasted Garlic Boule (French rolls); Spinach and Parmesan Soufflés; Boeuf aux Carottes (Beef Stew with Carrots); Chocolate and Strawberry Profiteroles.
GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT CHEF JOEL’S SUMMER CAMPS
Children of all levels of ability, interest, and experience are welcome in Chef Joel’s cooking camps. They will learn to cook and develop their love of food and fellowship through fun, hands-on camps that focus on developing cooking skills that will last a lifetime.
Kids ages 8-15 are welcome in both camps, but AM camps are geared more towards younger kids, While PM camps are geared more to older kids. Teens ages 13-17 are especially welcome in PM camps. If you have any questions about which camps are appropriate for your child, please contact Chef Joel.
Chef Joel has taught culinary summer camps for kids and teens for over 20 years and enjoys working with youth and encouraging them to explore different flavors, tastes and cultures through cuisines from around the world. He encourages kids to enjoy cooking delicious food for themselves and their friends and family and has also inspired and encouraged young people to pursue careers in culinary arts.
Chef Joel has considerable experience working with persons with physical and developmental disabilities. He feels strongly that all individuals, regardless of ability levels, can successfully participate in culinary classes and he works hard with all students to ensure that they fully participate in each camp.
For information on special culinary events for children, such as Birthday Parties, Scouting events, special celebrations and more click here.