COOKING CLASSES IN MADISON
Chef Joel Olson of Hemmachef offers cooking classes in Madison, Wisconsin, and is also available to teach throughout Wisconsin. Chef Joel offers private classes and special culinary events and can make your corporate or private event a delicious and memorable one!
Chef Joel is adept at working with students of all ages and abilities, from children to adults, and making sure that everyone has a fun culinary experience while learning useful skills. His students have ranged from 6 year-olds to senior citizens, and many classes have included a wide age range of students. Chef Joel provides participants with safe, well-organized, fun-filled instruction, and strives to maintain a courteous, fair kitchen environment.
Classes are generally offered for these age groups:
- Children’s Cooking Classes
- generally designed for 8-12 year-olds
- Teen Cooking Classes
- designed for 13-17 year-olds
- Parent-Child Cooking Classes
- designed for children aged 6+ and their parents, grandparents, or other adult in their lives
- Adult Cooking Classes
- designed for individuals 18 and up
- Please note that classes involving alcohol may be restricted to individuals 21 and up
- designed for individuals 18 and up
- 2020.September.Wednesdayhttp://hemmachef.com/wdevent/chef-joel-heads-to-dc-to-teach-at-lacademie-de-cuisine-2/L'Academie De Cuisine - Classes, Wilson Lane, Bethesda, MD, United StatesL'Academie De Cuisine - Classes, Wilson Lane, Bethesda, MD, United States
No additional details for this event.
- 2626.September.Tuesdayhttp://hemmachef.com/wdevent/adult-knife-skills-workshop-630-9pm/Union South, West Dayton Street, Madison, WI, United StatesUnion South, West Dayton Street, Madison, WI, United States
This popular and informative class helps you learn and practice the techniques that help take the chore out of cooking, plus impress your friends! Techniques include: deboning a chicken; dicing onions, carrots, peppers, celery, and other vegetables; pasting garlic; and cutting a selection of fruits. Knife selection, sharpening, and care will also be covered. Bring your own knives or use ours. A light meal will be prepared for class participants. Location: UW-Union South. Register here:
- 3030.September.Saturdayhttp://hemmachef.com/wdevent/kids-knife-skills-class-4-6pm-2/St Mark's Lutheran Church, Spruce Street, Madison, WI, United StatesSt Mark's Lutheran Church, Spruce Street, Madison, WI, United States
Tired of watching (and listening to) poor eating habits? Tired of trying to correct your kids’ dining behavior unsuccessfully? Let Chef Joel teach them how and why they should Sign up now for this highly popular and effective etiquette course. In the first part of the workshop, kids will prepare a four-course meal, while discussing the concepts and rules of manners and etiquette. Then in the second part of the workshop, they will sit and enjoy the rewards of their labors, enjoying the food they prepared served to and by them, restaurant-style, while their dining etiquette is critiqued by Chef Joel in a fun and productive manner. On the menu: Fresh Bread with Herb-Whipped Butter; Classic Minestrone with Fried Mozzarella Toasts; Mixed Greens Salad with Classic Vinaigrette; Chicken and Pasta with Tomato Basil Cream; Caramel Apple Mousse with Scandinavian Sugar Cookies. A Handout will be provided including the recipes used and Manners and Etiquette 101: The Rules: Respect and Common Courtesy, Guest and Host Etiquette. Manners and Etiquette 102: Introductions, Table Settings, Restaurant Etiquette and Behavior. Location: St. Mark’s. Class Cost: $55.
- 3030.September.Saturdayhttp://hemmachef.com/wdevent/kids-knife-skills-class-4-6pm-2-2/St Mark's Lutheran Church, Spruce Street, Madison, WI, United StatesSt Mark's Lutheran Church, Spruce Street, Madison, WI, United States
If you love to bake, this class is for you! Kids will practice basic baking techniques–measuring, stirring, kneading, proofing and working with yeast. Then they will bake a variety of tasty treats to eat and take home with them: Irish Soda Bread “Sticks”; Homemade Turkey Sausage Pigs in a Blanket; Cheesy Calzones with Marinara Dipping Sauce; Wisconsin Cheddar and Bacon Soufflés; and for desert, Triple Chocolate Whoopie Pies. Location: St. Mark’s. Class Cost: $55.